February 7, 2015 Regional Competition at University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple St,
Carrollton, GA 30118
February 21, 2015 Divisional Competition at Lovinggood Middle School
Division 1 First and Second Place Teams competition will meet at
Lovinggood Middle School,
3825 Luther Ward Road
Powder Springs, Georgia 30127
March 7, 2015 State Final Competition at University of Georgia
You are ALL winners if only because of your love of reading!
Below are the final standings for each level of the reading bowl competition. More than anything, we hope you all had an enjoyable time.
2nd: Shallowford Falls
3rd: Mt. Bethel
1st: International Academy of Smyrna
3rd: Hightower Trail
2nd: Kennesaw Mountain
3rd: North Cobb
It’s Reading Bowl Time!!!
January 17, 2015
North Cobb High School
1. Schedule of Events and Map of North Cobb High School are located here. We will begin festivities in the GYM.
2. Students must wear tennis shoes. The gym was newly waxed and the North Cobb wants to keep it nice. Please tell your students to wear tennis shoes or soft sole shoes.
3. Coaches please submit your team Roster to [email protected]. Remember ONLY 10 students are allowed to compete. Please include school name, coach name, student names (first and last) and grade level of each student.
4. Be sure to remind your volunteer about being on time for training. Volunteer training is 30 minutes before each session.
5. Please note that no food nor drink will be allowed in the classrooms during the competition.
6. Students must have permission to be photographed. Bring all forms with you to the competition. For those students whose parents decline, there will be “NO PHOTOGRAPH” stickers available at the registration desk on Saturday. Download permission forms Form_JG(1)-2 English and Form_JG(1)-2_Spanish-1 here.
7. Individual Team Schedules as well as room assignments will be coming soon.
8. Coaches, please send parents and volunteers needed information and review the rules with your students and parents. CCRRB Rules
- October 31, 2014: REGISTRATION DEADLINE for your team due to
Renee Crumley at Lovinggood M.S.
- January 17, 2015: LOCAL Competition (Cobb County) at North Cobb High School
- February 7, 2015: REGIONAL Competition*
* Division 1 1st and 2nd Place Teams meet at Lovinggood Middle School,
3825 Luther Ward Road, Powder Springs, GA 30127
* Division 2 1st and 2nd Place Teams meet at Georgia Southern University,
1332 Southern Drive, Statesboro, GA 30460
- February 21, 2015: DIVISIONAL Competition
- March 7, 2015: STATE FINAL Competition at the University of Georgia
Registration is due by Friday, October 31st. Payment and registration form are due to Renee Crumley at Lovinggood Middle School. The registration fee is $60. You can download the registration form here. You MUST also complete the online google doc and submit it in order for your registration to be complete.
If you have a question about any of these requirements, contact Mary Inman, 770.222.3726 ext. 240, or at [email protected]
If you are a new coach you are required to attend the coaches meeting. We will meet Tuesday, September 30th at North Cobb High School at 6:00 pm. We will post the registration form prior to the meeting. The registration cost is $60. Please make checks payable to Cobb County Ruffin Reading. If you attend the meeting you can bring your check with you along with the completed registration form.
If you are not attending the meeting you can mail your check to Renee Crumley at Lovinggood Middle School. Registration will be considered complete when you have submitted both the registration form AND money.
Click here for 2014 Registration Form
Forms and money are due BY October 24, 2014 to Renee Crumley at Lovinggood Middle School
We will be posting school maps, directions, new power points & documents, as well other updated information so you can begin to prepare your students and parents for competition.
CC HRRB Coach Training 2014
Coaches TO DO List
Map of North Cobb High School
Directions to North Cobb High School
The nominees for all levels are in!!! You can view the lists by choosing your grade level on the right side links. It is recommended to order the books this spring so coaches and students can begin reading them over the summer. If you are interested in starting a new team, please visit the links on the right for more information. If you have additional questions you can contact [email protected]. The steering committee will be meeting soon to discuss information about the 2014-2015 Cobb County Ruffin Reading Bowl. The links will be updated once the committee decides on all of the logistics.
If you are interested in being on the committee please email [email protected].
Congratulations to all of the teams that partipated this year. The top two teams will go on to regional competition.
1st Place – Shallowford Falls
2nd Place – Still
3rd Place – Birney
1st Place – International Academy Of Smyrna
2nd Place – Cooper
3rd Place – Pine Mountain
1st Place – Walton
2nd Place – Kennesaw Mountain
3rd Place – Campbell
2013-2014 HRRB State Winners
1st place – Centennial Arts Academy – Gainesville Charter School
2nd place – Gum Springs Elementary – Jackson County
1st place – Chamblee Middle School – DeKalb County
2nd place – Midway Middle School – Liberty County
1st place – Bradwell Institute – Liberty County
2nd place – Marietta High School – Marietta City
We had a great turn out for our coaches meeting on Monday, September 30th. Thank you to the steering committee members for organizing the meeting and to those who came out to learn about new teams and refresher information. Here are the materials we discussed:
Coaches To Do List
Awtry School Map
Coaches remember to submit your registration form, payment, & complete the online google doc BY November 1, 2013.
Helen Ruffin was the media specialist at Skyhaven Elementary School in DeKalb County until her retirement in 1992. To encourage her students to read, she created a competition game based on the Georgia Children’s Book Award nominees. The idea took hold in DeKalb County and grew to a statewide competition in 2003.