In case you are in need, below are the links to the Reading Bowl Certificates for this past years’ students.
HRRB Participation Certificate (Word 2010)
- The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano by Sonia Manzano
- A Bird On Water Street by Elizabeth O. Dulemba (2014) Paperback by Elizabeth O. Dulemba
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
Congratulations to Lovinggood Middle School and Walton High School
Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl teams.
Both teams will represent Cobb County in the State competition!
Way to go! You make us proud!
All volunteers will have training beginning at 9 AM on Sat. Thank you for understanding.
February 7, 2015 Regional Competition at University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
1601 Maple St,
Carrollton, GA 30118
February 21, 2015 Divisional Competition at Lovinggood Middle School
Division 1 First and Second Place Teams competition will meet at
Lovinggood Middle School,
3825 Luther Ward Road
Powder Springs, Georgia 30127
March 7, 2015 State Final Competition at University of Georgia
You are ALL winners if only because of your love of reading!
Below are the final standings for each level of the reading bowl competition. More than anything, we hope you all had an enjoyable time.
2nd: Shallowford Falls
3rd: Mt. Bethel
1st: International Academy of Smyrna
3rd: Hightower Trail
2nd: Kennesaw Mountain
3rd: North Cobb
It’s Reading Bowl Time!!!
January 17, 2015
North Cobb High School
2. Students must wear tennis shoes. The gym was newly waxed and the North Cobb wants to keep it nice. Please tell your students to wear tennis shoes or soft sole shoes.
3. Coaches please submit your team Roster to [email protected]. Remember ONLY 10 students are allowed to compete. Please include school name, coach name, student names (first and last) and grade level of each student.
4. Be sure to remind your volunteer about being on time for training. Volunteer training is 30 minutes before each session.
5. Please note that no food nor drink will be allowed in the classrooms during the competition.
6. Students must have permission to be photographed. Bring all forms with you to the competition. For those students whose parents decline, there will be “NO PHOTOGRAPH” stickers available at the registration desk on Saturday. Download permission forms Form_JG(1)-2 English and Form_JG(1)-2_Spanish-1 here.
7. Individual Team Schedules as well as room assignments will be coming soon.
8. Coaches, please send parents and volunteers needed information and review the rules with your students and parents. CCRRB Rules
- October 31, 2014: REGISTRATION DEADLINE for your team due to
Renee Crumley at Lovinggood M.S.
- January 17, 2015: LOCAL Competition (Cobb County) at North Cobb High School
- February 7, 2015: REGIONAL Competition*
* Division 1 1st and 2nd Place Teams meet at Lovinggood Middle School,
3825 Luther Ward Road, Powder Springs, GA 30127
* Division 2 1st and 2nd Place Teams meet at Georgia Southern University,
1332 Southern Drive, Statesboro, GA 30460
- February 21, 2015: DIVISIONAL Competition
- March 7, 2015: STATE FINAL Competition at the University of Georgia
Registration is due by Friday, October 31st. Payment and registration form are due to Renee Crumley at Lovinggood Middle School. The registration fee is $60. You can download the registration form here. You MUST also complete the online google doc and submit it in order for your registration to be complete.
If you have a question about any of these requirements, contact Mary Inman, 770.222.3726 ext. 240, or at [email protected]