Are you on the path to becoming a responsible adult? Do you have what it takes to make it in the real world? Find out in our next project: Going for Broke!
During the course of this activity, you will:
- Choose a career
- Register for a free online stock market game (extension)
- Prepare a budget and plan for your life at age 23
- Navigate unexpected twists and turns that can either give you money or take away from your planned budget–just like real life!
Make sure you keep up with your packet and daily log.
- You will receive formative participation grades for daily work (30%)
- Your final packet is a summative assessment (70%)
- If you lose your packet, you may buy a new one for 25 Cool Cats, or you may print one from my blog.
You can’t do nothing in class and then expect to complete this at home without my help!
- I’m uploading the packet and my PowerPoints, but it’s NOT the same as paying attention in class. I’m also not uploading all the additional information we’re using. Plus, we’re doing things in class–like spinning for your savings account, wildcards, etc–that can’t be done at home. You must pay attention every day! If you have been absent, just start where you left off. I’ve built in one make-up day.
Apartment/Rental Home Finder – Remember to input reasonable criteria (ie, don’t look beyond your budget). You must look in metro Atlanta. If you can’t find something in your budget, you need a roommate!
Cable/Internet Plans – choose one
Stock Market Game – password not required if you go through this link
No login for Career Cruiser? Try THIS SITE instead.
Career Research Website (O*Net)