Here is a link that students can use this summer to stay up to date on their reading skills. Please use it.
Use this website to get familiar with the functions for Milestone Testing coming up.
Please visit this in preparation for the Milestone coming up in a couple weeks! Continue to work on IXL math website too. We have solved over 20,000 questions. Keep up the good work.
Pitner has added a Milestone page on the website for parents and students. I attached a link to the page below.
We are on the countdown to spring break. Two more wake ups before we have a week off to refuel to make it to the end of the year. REMEMBER: SLEEP, EATING HEALTHY and ATTENDING school is VERY important to push through the rest of the year. Please help me make the rest of the year a success by following those reminders. Thank you.
3/28 Pitner Art Show at Pitner (Your child’s frame art is for sale during this time, come support us)
4/1-4/5 SPRING BREAK
4/16, 4/17 and 4/18 Milestone Testing: Language Arts
4/24-4/25 Milestone Testing: Math
4/25 Science Fair Projects are due at Pitner (No projects will be accepted LATE)
• Comparing and contrasting like text
• Character traits
• Beginning, Middle, End
• Main idea
• Finding text evidence
• Review parts of speech
• Sentence structure
• All genre from this year: Narrative, Informational, opinion/persuasive
• Mechanics: capitals, punctuation, spelling, verb tenses….
• Multiplication and division fluency
• Geometry: attributes of shapes
• Measurement: Perimeter of shapes, volume,
• 2 step word problems
• Finishing up economics
• Begin Colonial America
Thank you for your continuous support! Have a great Spring Break.
Welcome to March Parents:
WE are on the countdown to wrapping up the year, testing, and fun end of the year activities. Stay tuned for updates and notices. As always, it is very important that our children are staying on schedule and getting lots of sleep.
This weekend: Spring forward in time Saturday night.
3/13: Early Release Day, dismissal at 12:15
- Understanding details and inferencing (we will be using RACE strategy to answer comprehension questions about reading)
- Character Traits
- Opinion writing and review the different types of writing (Narratives, Informational, and opinion/persuasive)
- Mechanics of writing
- Continue figurative language
- Grammar review (parts of speech)
- 2 step word problems
- Multiplication fluency
- Telling time to the minute
- IXL.com please continue to practice math skills at home on this program
- Map skills
- Economics (human and natural resources)
Thank you always for your continuous support and have a great 2 weeks. I will send updates information to parents as I know about it.
Welcome back! I hope everyone had a great break. Five weeks to Spring Break. We have a lot to cover in 5 weeks. Please make sure we are getting plenty of rest and eating well to stay healthy. School attendance is VERY important. Thank you.
Welcome our new student Ellis
• Context Clues to support comprehension
• Continue Plot, theme, and setting
• Using Comparative and Superlative Adverbs and adjectives
• Literal and nonliteral language
• Opinion writing
• Comparing text while expressing our opinion and using text evidence to support our opinion
• Mechanics: paragraphs, punctuation, capitalization, complete sentence and thoughts
• Multiplication Fact Fluency
• Finishing comparing equivalent fractions
• Measurement: inches, centimeters
• European explorers
Thank you and have a great two weeks.