This week we will be looking at the biomes of Africa (the Sahara, Sahel, Rainforest, and Savanna. We will see how the location, climate and natural resources affect where people live and trade and the environmental issues that are impacting these areas. We will start the week with students viewing Africa’s Child videos to show how people live in each of the four biomes. Students will create a biome map of Africa and add information about the environmental issues. There will be a formative grade on 12/19 covering Biomes and Environmental issues.
SS7G2 Explain environmental issues across the continent of Africa.
- Explain how water pollution and unequal access to water impacts irrigation, trade, industry, and drinking water.
- Explain the relationship between poor soil and deforestation in Sub-Saharan Africa. c. Explain the impact of desertification on the environment of Africa.
- Explain the impact of desertification on the environment of Africa
USA Test Prep:
Gov/Econ due 12/21
Africa Environmental Issues due 12/21
Effective Quarter 2:
- Students will have to complete all assignments prior to the original summative assessment.
- If you didn’t complete all your work leading up to a summative, you will NOT be eligible to retest.
- Notes, Organizers, classwork, questions, study guides, performance tasks, ect.
Effective Quarter 3:
- All assignments must be completed (see above).
- Students may choose to retake ONE summative assessment per quarter.
Online resources are posted to the Resource Tabs on the LEFT SIDE of the BLOG. The password for these pages will be given out in class.