Honors 9th Literature Jan. 30-Feb. 3
Honors 9th Lit January 30—February 3, 2017
Planning Your Week:
S 1/29: Membean 45 min. practice
T 1/31: Bring rough draft of “I Remember You” poem
Th 2/2: Final draft of “I Remember You” poem due; bring digital images and audio files to incorporate into your presentation.
S 2/5: Membean 45 min. practice
Monday, January 30
LG: Write an autobiographical poem using figurative language and a variety of word relationships. ELAGSE9-10L5: Demonstrate understanding of figurative language, word relationships, and nuances in word meanings.
- Killgallon: Sentence combining & unscrambling; connect to PSAT style questions
- Review persona, mood, and diction in “George Gray” and “Fiddler Jones”; discuss feedback from EOC prompt
- Review “I Remember You” assignment and continue drafting poem
- Read nonfiction book and work on scholar’s journal
Tuesday, January 31
- Create parts of speech and noun review foldables; connect to PSAT style questions
- Read “The News” p. 476—487; answer the Reading Check questions in the margins at the bottom of each odd page. Answer parts a) and b) of “the BIG question” on p. 486: Is knowledge the same as understanding?
- Peer review of “I Remember You” poem
Wednesday, February 1
- Read articles (choose Princess Diana, Madonna, or Tom Brady); analyze diction, tone, and claim, focusing on rhetorical strategies; compare/contrast persona in both articles.
- Revise “I Remember You” poem and work on nonfiction scholar’s journal.
Thursday, February 2
- Read “The Sniper”; analyze diction, mood, and character development.
- Compose a response to the EOC narrative prompt for “The Sniper.”
Friday, February 3
- Create presentation shells for “I Remember You” poems; add images and sound.
- Work on scholar’s journal and portfolio.