AP Literature Week 7 9/11-9/15
Planning Your Week
W 9/13–POL presentations; TPCASST for both poems due in class; explication for the poem you recite is due to Turnitin.com before class.
F 9/15–Group meetings for EPCOT projects/research novels. Leaders should provide agendas; reading coaches should provide reading questions.
Monday, 9/11 and Tuesday, 9/12–Schools closed due to weather conditions from Hurrican Irma.
Opener: Turn in TPCASST and poetry explications.
- Present POL.
- Discuss Othello anticipation guide.
- Watch PBS Othello video (Who Is Othello?); answer discussion questions.
Closer: Post theme statements on posters to create webs of texts we have studied.
*Homework: Read EPCOT/research novels and prepare for group meetings Friday.
Learning Goal(s): Present poetry to demonstrate analysis; begin connecting to themes in Othello and comparing to themes from other works.
Opener: Round robin reading of 1.1 (slightly cut script)
- Analyze 1.1 Slightly Cut Script
- Audition, cast, and rehearse actors for 1.1, opening scene
- Compare/contrast our performance with professional performances
Closer: Reminders for group meetings tomorrow (leaders provide agendas; reading coaches provide discussion questions).
Opener: Review project requirements, focus for reading; build community with groups (leader brings activity).
- 3rd EPCOT novel group meeting (45 minutes) discuss questions established by the reading coach cast member, set action items for next week’s meeting
- Rehearse and perform group scenes 1.2.
- Read 1.3; analyze Iago’s rhetoric in 1.3.
Closer: Read EPCOT/research novels.