AP Lit Week 10 10/9 – 10/13
Planning Your Week
M 10/9–Bring props/materials for Othello 2.3 performances.
F 10/6–Group meetings for EPCOT projects/research novels. Leaders should provide agendas; reading coaches should provide reading questions. All group members should be finished reading the novel.
Opener: Quick rehearsal for drinking scene performances.
- Perform 2.3 Drinking Scenes
- View film adaptation, comparing/contrasting.
- Evaluate each group’s performance; identify strengths and highlight key points in the scene.
- Share agendas/reading questions for tomorrow’s meetings; begin thinking about potential research topics
*Homework: Read EPCOT/research novels and prepare for group meetings Friday.
Learning Goal(s): Analyze multiple interpretations of a story, drama, or poem (e.g., recorded or live production of a play or recorded novel or poetry), evaluating how each version interprets the source text.
Opener: Review plot structure (exposition, rising action, climax, denoument/falling action, resolution).
- Read/analyze 3.1, 3.2; begin 3.3 and perform the “Temptation Scene” Lesson 16.
- Read & analyze 3.4 (Lesson 18: “Ocular Proof”).
Closer: Review Act III; evaluate the director’s choices in the Fishburne adaptation.
Learning Goal(s): Analyze character development, using textual evidence to support analysis, including uncertainties.
Wednesday, 10/11–Senior Summit; only 3rd and 4th periods will meet.
Opener: Review research requirements for EPCOT projects.
- Research for novel projects.
Closer: Solidify research topics.
Learning Goal(s): Research to enhance understanding of literary texts.
Opener: Analyze the politics of casting of Othello (Lesson 18: “The Moor Is Far More Fair than Black”) and the gender issues (Lesson 19 “There’s Magic in the Web”).
- Read Act IV, Scene 1; discuss “The Slap” & Othello’s fall Lesson 20 “Is This the Noble Moor?”
- On Your Feet reading of Act IV, Scene 2; performance of Willow Scene (Act IV, Scene 3) Lesson 21 “O These Men, These Men!”; write a short poem, using one of Shakespeare’s lines from Act IV, Scene 2 or 3
- Select two volunteers to read Act IV, Scene 3.
Closer: View film adaptation for Act IV and evaluate the director’s choices.
Opener: Review research requirements.
- EPCOT novel group meeting (45 minutes) discuss questions established by the reading coach cast member, set action items for next week’s meeting.
- Complete FRQ Open Question for research novels.
Closer: Submit tentative plan for EPCOT display.