Honors 9th Literature Week 1 January 1 – 5
Honors 9th Lit. Week 1
Planning Your Week
M 1/8 – Mini Me Character Strength STEAL due, cut out and colored; bring an independent reading text to class (print only)
T 2/6 – ZINC vocabulary due
Monday, 1/1 – Wednesday, 1/3 Winter Break!
Opener: Introduce syllabus and semester overview (independent reading notebook, IAN).
- Read “Making the Grade” and annotate according to the directions.
- Teacher will review TRSS forms.
- Introduce mini-me with a focus on building character and voice with the STEAL method along with the idea of coming of age/self-defining incidents: STEAL method of characterization.
- IAN: Review STEAL handout.
- Watch VIA Character Strengths/Growth Mindset video.
Closer: Brainstorm ideas for STEAL elements for your mini me.
HOMEWORK: Mini me due Monday; bring an independent reading text (print only).
Opener: Review mini-me requirements and independent reading choices.
Work Session–Computer Lab:
- Complete SRI.
- Complete VIA character strengths survey for mini-me.
- Complete Tech menu, including syllabus signing.
Closer: Work on ZINC vocabulary practice.
HOMEWORK: Mini me due Monday; bring an independent reading text (print only); first set of ZINC due Feb. 6.