AP Literature Week 2 Jan. 8 – 12
SCHOOL IS CLOSED MONDAY DUE TO WEATHER! ENJOY YOUR DAY OFF!
Planning Your Week
ASAP: Please sign your syllabus here.
Thursday, 1/11: Streetcar rhetorical precis due w/Socratic discussion
Friday, 1/12: In the Lake sticky notes due
Opener: Review precis requirements and rubric along with Cobb Digital Library access and search tips.
- Complete tech menu.
- Locate an article on A Streetcar Named Desire from CDL; print and annotate, then compose a rhetorical precis.
Closer: Review sticky note assessment for In the Lake of the Woods.
Opener: Review exam structure; complete ½ length multiple choice.
- Review precis structure.
- Read annotated article (In the Lake) and compose a class precis.
Closer: Review sticky note assessment for In the Lake.
Opener: Review pre-course assignment for sticky notes: characterization, setting, literary elements, summaries, questions.
- Sort range finders for sample sticky notes.
- Read/analyze sections from the opening chapters of ItLotW; compose sticky notes for group discussion, placing them on the posters
Closer: Respond to randomly drawn discussion questions for A Streetcar Named Desire.
Opener: Gather materials for Socratic discussion.
- Participate in Socratic discussion of A Streetcar Named Desire.
Closer: Reflect on your performance and expand your thinking, adding to your response to the discussion question.
Opener: Turn in sticky note assessment for ItLotW.
- Introduce pop up museum assignment for ItLotW
- Groups work in lab 113 to research and plan pop up museums.
Closer: Exchange contact information, set up Google doc for collaboration, and plan homework for pop-ups.