News for the week of 3/9/20
This week is our State Fair Celebration. Our entire class made it in, so we will be celebrating together. We are in need of someone who can purchase or make 25 cupcakes for our cake walk (due on Friday). If that is something that you can do, please let me know. Thank you!
SHOUT OUTS: Thank you to Annabella and Tristan for purchasing books from the Book Fair and donating them to our class! Thanks to Mrs. Sparks and Mrs. Colquitt for volunteering to run games at Friday’s State Fair. You are appreciated!
- 3/11 – Early Release Day at 12:30pm
- 3/13 – State Fair Celebration (25 cupcakes needed), End of the nine weeks
- 3/15 – Mrs. Rutherford’s birthday
- 3/17 – Lunch forms due for Sparkles trip
- 3/18 & 3/19 – Spring Pictures
- 3/20 – Report cards go home
- 3/30 – Registration form and envelope are due back
What we’re learning this week:
Writing – We are learning how to write a constructed response with text evidence.
Reading – We are finishing up paired passages and integrating knowledge from 2 texts.
Grammar – We are reviewing all types of figurative language (similes, metaphors, idioms, personification, hyperbole, alliteration, and onomatopoeia.
Science – We are continuing to learn about Ecosystems and Habitats.
Math – We are continuing to work with multiplying fractions by whole numbers, within word problems.