4th Grade Finale…Enjoy Your Summer!!
Congratulations on completing fourth grade! This will always be the year that we made history. We should be proud of our determination and efforts, because we proved that no obstacle will stop us from success.
Now it’s time to Slide into Summer! We strongly recommend that you continue learning this summer. Here are some summer challenges:
- Read a minimum of 3-4 books this summer and practice your reading strategies. Continue with your class ReadWorks, ReadTheory, or Scholastic for reading comprehension practice.
- Make sure that you know all your multiplication and division facts before you enter 5th Play DreamBox. Practice calculations and problem solving.
- Write narrative, opinion, and informational essays.
- You will have access to Clever all summer, so continue to use this resource.
Of course, summer is a time to relax and have fun too. Here are just a few ideas your family can do this summer:
- Make an ABC booklet about what you did this summer:
Think about all that you will accomplish over the summer and make a book about it. First, you will need to make a plan: ABC Planning Page. Use this attached organizer to start planning out the details for each letter of the alphabet. For this ABC book you can decide to do one out of paper or make a digital option using PowerPoint or Adobe Spark! The options are endless and we cannot wait to see what you created!
- Make a DIY slip & slide: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=how+to+make+a+slip+and+slide+at+home&docid=607986434760704615&mid=5A18E753AA86AC8D8E0B5A18E753AA86AC8D8E0B&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT
- Make frozen yogurt popsicles:
- Rainy Day Activities:
Possibilities are endless! Enjoy your summer!