S7L1.b Evaluate historical models of how organisms were classified based on physical characteristics and how that led to the six kingdom system (currently archaea, bacteria, protists, fungi, plants, and animals). (Clarification statement: This includes common examples and characteristics such as, but not limited to, prokaryotic, eukaryotic, unicellular, multicellular, asexual reproduction, sexual reproduction, autotroph, heterotroph, and unique cell structures.)
Classification Quizizz https://join.quizizz.com/ Code: 445461
* 2 BrainPops- Classification & 6 Kingdoms
* Take notes on Domains & Kingdoms on organizer provided Friday (back side)
* Use key and check 9-1 & 9-2 work from “milestone testing week”
HW: Review notes from today…super BRIEF ticket out the door assessment tomorrow!
(as announced in class)
* Edhelper- Monera (Bacteria)
* Classification organizer to reinforce learning
– Start with dichotomous key, then kingdom pie chart, then BrainPop questions
* Ticket out the Door- basic 6 question assessment over the kingdom descriptions
HW: Continue studying reproduction notes and classification notes! Summative assessment Monday!