The weather this year has been crazy! Since this is our 5th day of missing school this year (and I’m thinking we might be out tomorrow too), I have put together some activities that your child can work on. These activities are OPTIONAL. You may have your child complete all, some, or none of the activities. I just wanted to give you some choices if you would like for your child to continue their studies while we can’t be at school.
Math: (fractions on a number line)
- First in Math
- Fractions on a number line practice questions: https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/fraction-arithmetic/arith-review-fractions-on-the-number-line/e/fractions_on_the_number_line_1
- IXL: Go to ixl.com and choose 3rd You can do up to 10 questions a day without having to pay for an account. Activity W.12 deals with fractions on a number line.
- Reading Response homework
- Readworks.org: You can practice reading and answering questions based on passages I have assigned to the class. To login, follow the directions below:
a.Go to readworks.org/student
b. Enter class codeL2RD7V
c. Choose your name and enter the password 1234
- Science (adaptations)
- Create a plant or animal project: You can create your own plant or animal and include adaptations on it. The directions and examples can be found at : http://ilove2teach.blogspot.com/2011/10/create-animal-create-plant-freebie.html
- Adaptation online games: http://interactivesites.weebly.com/animal-adaptations.html
- Information and activities about animal adaptations: http://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/sites/all/themes/zoostrap/downloads/adaptation_connections_curriculum.pdf
Enjoy the snow and stay warm!