What is Honor Chorus?
Honor Chorus is an auditioned chorus made up of 5th Grade students from schools all around Cobb County. The highest scoring students who audition for their director will prepare music in advance of the event. Students who are accepted are required to participate in all rehearsals and a performance led by clinicians. This is a highly competitive event and participation for students at Nickjajack Elementary School is limited to eight students.
District XII Honor Chorus:
- Honor Chorus Auditions will be held on Thursday, August 29th, 2019 beginning at 2:30 p.m. Please sign up for a time slot with Ms. Posey.
- Deadline for registration and payment is Friday, September 9th, 2019.
- Performance Date is Thursday, November 7th, 2019.
- Rehearsals TBA (Students learn their parts independently, so rehearsals are as needed)
- Location is North Cobb High School.
- Cost per student will be $35.00 (paid upon acceptance).
- What should I sing? A short musical selection or “The Star Spangled Banner”.