Earlier in the year I sent home a letter with a reading log attached. This was an optional activity that you could choose to do with your child. If your child completes the required number of hours of reading(6) and has the form returned, they will earn a free ticket to Six Flags. I was under the impression that the deadline was at the end of April, but I have just learned that all hours must be completed and log turned into me by March 1st! I cannot accept any forms after that date. I hope this does not mess anyone up who was trying to complete these hours. 🙂
Week of February 11-15
- This week we will be learning about the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, & the White House. This is a great followup after learning about these great past presidents last week. We will also be rotating through math centers all focused on subtraction and our letter of the week is Qq.
- Tuesday is Kincaid Night @ Zaxby’s. A portion of the proceeds is given back to Kincaid.
- On Tuesday I will be sending home a recent assessment on sight words that I gave each child. Please look for this in your child’s yellow folder.
- The last day to order Lolligrams is Tuesday.
- We will celebrate Valentine’s Day on Thursday. Please make sure you have create some kind of receptacle for your child to collect their valentines in. This can be as simple or as fancy as you like- just please have a large opening so that all the goodies can be delivered. 🙂 Also, please remember we have 22 students in our class. If your child wishes to give out valentines, they need to have 1 for each classmate. No names are necessary for the recipient, but please have your child sign their name so their friends know who gave them the card/treat. They absolutely love opening all the cards and treats!
- Thank you to the families who signed up to send in a treat on Thursday as well. Please send them in the morning with your child or drop it off at the office.
- We will head to the library on Thursday. Please make sure books are returned prior to our visit. We will check out new books, but we will not send them home this time. Mrs. Perisino is asking that ALL library books be returned prior to the February break.
- Friday is STEM Expo Day at Kincaid. We will have a session in our classroom from 8:30-9:15 that families are invited to. Invitations were sent home on Friday. You will assist your child in building a parachute for their “man”.
- Friday we will have a special presentation during our enrichment time- a Glass Harpist.
- Next week, February 18- 22 is our February Break. We hope you enjoy this time with your family and that everyone stays healthy!
During Conferences I shared some resources that are available for your child to utilize at home.
Each child has been registered into a program called “RAZ KIDS”.
Raz-Kids is an award-winning resource that provides a library of differentiated books at 29 levels of difficulty for student’s use to practice reading in school, at home, or on the go. Digital and mobile access means that students get the personalized reading practice they need anytime, anywhere.
Log on to the website: www.raz-kids.com
click on the green KID LOGIN button
enter teacher name: smunroe2
Then find your child’s name (button) and click on their password (boys are rocket ships & girls are strawberries)
We hope you will use this resource at home. You can also download the app for access on a tablet or I pod. 🙂