CCSD’s awesome science department has created a YouTube channel full of great STEM lessons and information. These curriculum based lessons are brought to you by teachers, real scientists, fire fighters and more! Enjoy the virtual journey to some cool locations including the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and Zoo Atlanta!
In honor of May the 4th, and knowing all of our Buccaneer Star Wars fans out there, we wanted to share some engaging STEAM activities you can try at home. Stay tuned for more activities throughout the week!
- This project can be made with minimal supplies including a flashlight, battery, glue and bubble wand!
- Use your coding skills to build your own Star Wars galaxy!
- Cut out these simple outlines, attach a skewer or stick, turn out the lights and grab your flashlights!
- Use Matthew Reinhart’s templates and easy to follow instructions to create Chewbacca, the Millenium Falcon and More!
- Try your hand at drawing some of your favorite Star Wars LEGO minifigures!
- Mix up some messy fun with this simple recipe!
- Tell a Star Wars story using yoga poses!
LEGO Challenge Cards (created by Sunshine and Hurricanes)
- Use your LEGOs to engineer Star Wars characters, themes and adventures!
Take some time to check out this incredible resource! Kids Think Design is full of information, interactives and cool design ideas our Buccaneers can try at home. Created to be done independently by older friends, but fun for all- even grown-ups. 🙂
BrainPop and BrainPop Jr.: Explore all the resources our school provided account offers for your Buccaneer! Make a movie, make a map, complete activities, etc.
PBS Kids Design Squad: Watch videos, complete design challenges, play games and more!
NASA Space Place: Learn about our home on Earth, the solar system, infinity and beyond!
LEGO has been a longtime favorite in our MBE STEM Labs. Now they are making a difference in the lives of healthcare heroes!
The LEGO Website is full of exciting games and ideas. Click HERE to learn more!
Here are some fun and simple ways you can use any kind of LEGOs you have at home!
LEGO Challenge Cards credit to: Playdough to Plato and The STEM Laboratory
Remember to take time to do some learning away from your screens! Here is a great resource for some outdoor fun.
Ms. Griffee and Mrs. Reyes really miss you and hope all of your families are well. 🙂