- Reusing versus Recycling
- Building useful items from “trash”
- Plastic challenge: Using plastic to make useful object
- Advertising your product
8th (Check out our design winner)
- 3D-design a geometrical shape, sphere and useful object.
Solid works basics
- Designing a sphere using Solid Works
- Global Issue: Waste- 3Rs–DIY and reuse instead of trashing
- Design a poster and create a video on Positive and Negative effects of plastics
- Final submission – Energy System (Windmill or Solar Reflector)
Milestone testing Math and Science (Resources)
- Design a useful object using Solid Work.
- History of plastics
- Types of plastics
- Impact of plastic to our ecosystem: Poster and Video
- Complete the design brief, well labeled sketch and budget.
- Build (a solar reflector or a windmill)
3D design-Create simple geometrical
Global Issue: plastic challenge
Energy System: complete number 2 a and b.
Support Builders Club
- Robotics: Your mission.
- 3D Designs: Item you/your family/friend can use.
- Energy Systems: What are they? Why alternative energy? Alternative energy brochure, Alternative energy for a future city.
- Maze presentation
- What is your mission?
- Communicating design ideas-3D Design
Robotics I: Prepare the maze, Program your robot to move through the maze fast, video tape the move.
Biotechnology: Complete and turn in Disease Detective presentation.
Robotics III: Video tape your DIY robot in action.
- Build a basic robot
- Program a robot to move through a maze and to pick & drop an object
1. GMO Debate: Are you for or against?
2. Disease Detectives: http://www.diseasedetectives.org/videos
Meet Disease Detectives: http://www.diseasedetectives.org/detectives
Trash to treasure projects:
50 Upcycling Projects: From Trash to Treasure –Part 1:
50 Upcycling Projects: From Trash to Treasure – Part 2:
You saw other people’s solution NOW Share your solution!!
Engineering and Ethics:
Introduction to Robotics 3: Robots in our everyday life
Building a robot:
6 weeks to State testing
7th grade: Southern Company Engineers and TWIGS presentation
The team from Southern company consist of:
- Industrial Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Geography-Geographical Information System (GIS)
Repair a substation as a team
6th grade: Present your bridge, Test-Evaluate-Redesign, Communicate your solution.
Robotics 1: Introduction
8th grade: Solution(s) for “waste reduction”