3D Designed object-Made in Floyd
Help needed urgently
The following are all 8-1 websites:
MSENGR-TS-3: The students will develop an understanding of how humans interact with systems.
- Operate technological systems
- Maintain technological systems
- Constructing technological systems
- Design technological systems
- Read an owner’s manual for a given system and outline the user-performed maintenance tasks
- Sketch a given system, label its parts, write technical directions used to operate device, and list outcomes of using device
- Design, construct, and test a simple system (i.e. electrical circuit, model rocket, bridge structure)
MSENGR-TS-4: The students will develop an understanding of how systems evolve from one stage to another.
- Illustrate the evolution of a variety of technological systems
- Analyze the reason for the evolution of technological systems
- Investigate the cause of system failures
- Create a timeline (digital or print).
- DAY 1: Decide on the artifact and research.
- Day 2: Research and begin creating a timeline of your artifact
- Day 3 and 4: Continue working on your timeline
Sample TECHNOLOGY TIMELINE
TEST 2 on Friday 9/5/14
Test on Friday
Engineering design and problem-solving process ( Instructions are posted in the homepage)
Creating account in EDMODO: Click on your class URL.
MSENGR-TS-2:The students will develop an understanding of how the design process is used to develop a technological system.
a) Identify the steps of the design process
b) Identify how systems are used in a variety of settings
c) Illustrate how the systems model is utilized in the production of goods
d) Construct and work with a variety of systems, including Engineering, Electronics, Manufacturing, and Energy
Week 2 August 11 2014
- Read about Universal Systems Model (USM)
- Diagram a given system using the Universal Systems Model
- Analyze and critique the essential elements of a given system
- Discuss relevant current events as related to the systems model
MSENGR-TS-1: The students will develop an understanding of the Universal Systems Model.
a) Define Universal Systems Model
b) Identify the components of a system
c) Examine a variety of simple, common systems
Week 1 August 4th 2014
What is STEM? Students will build a model and use it to explore the connection between science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Lab safety: general and specific rules
Internet safety: Explore digital citizenship—Lesson located in the Blendspace (http://blnds.co/1nqlTRs) OR scan the code
Machine and tools safety: What do the signs pertaining to different tasks entails?