Your student number works like a library card number. It’s your very own Library PASS!
If you are a student currently attending a Cobb County Public School, you already have a Library PASS (Public Library Access for Student Success) account. That means you have access to all of our awesome resources at the public library, including 93 online databases, 18,659 eBooks, 7,270 eAudiobooks, and 430 streaming videos as well as 604,908 physical items in our collection.
Click on the image below to access Library Pass.
Cobb County Schools has partnered with Cobb County Public Library and Scholastic to provide wonderful summer reading opportunities for our students. Check out this site for more information.
We also have wonderful resources through the Cobb Digital Library. The username is your student’s library/lunch number and the password is read.
Please go to Cobb Summer Reading for more information.
ALL classes are invited to participate in the contest.
- Each participating class should decorate and name their pumpkin.
- The theme this year is…Pumpkin-Con.
- The class pumpkin should be delivered to the media center for display on MONDAY, October 26th
Please no early pumpkin entries!
We have had quite a few rotting and sometimes exploding pumpkins in the past years!
- Pumpkins will be voted on October 28th and ready for pickup/returned to your classroom on the 30th.
Cobb County schools use the MackinVia portal to access all of its eResouces. This portal contains DESTINY, eBooks along with virtual resources. Students may access the site by using their student number and the password read. Please contact Mrs. Jones if you need any help.
The following is a list of some of the resources available.
- BrainPop is available in three different versions, including Jr. and Spanish, and that it can be accessed 24/7
- The links for Tumblebooks, encyclopedias, image libraries, Destiny, Galileo, Nettrekker, and BookFlix
- PebbleGo – Biographies, Social Studies, Animals, Earth and Space
- Don’t forget to access the eBooks, too!
Thank you to all the classes who participated in this year’s pumpkin contest! Everyone did a great job and the pumpkins were fabulous!