Join us to learn more about prevention about prescription drugs and heroin. Bring teens aged 12+ and adults for separate programming. Childcare will be provided by the YMCA for children ages 4-11.
Be our Guest:
FREE Clothing Give-a-Way
At St. Stephen UMC
636 Roswell Street
Marietta, GA 30060
Tuesday August 23, 2016 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
Wednesday August 24, 2016 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. & 4:00 P.M. – 7:00 P.M.
Thursday August 25, 2016 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M.
*****Bring a bag for your goodies *****
Many parents struggle with the question “Is my child allowed to stay home alone?”
The state of Georgia has a policy outlining what the Department of Family and Children Services views as adequate supervision. The policy states the following:
- Children who are 8 years old and younger should never be left home alone under any circumstance If you need assistance locating a childcare provider, Quality Care for Children (404) 479-4240 can help provide referrals that fit your needs. Please contact me if you need assistance forming an adequate supervision plan for your children. Your child’s safety is a priority!
- Children ages 9-12 years old can be left unsupervised for brief (less than 2 hours) periods of time, but CAN NOT serve as babysitters, even for 5 minutes
- Children ages 13 years old and above, who are at an adequate level of maturity, can act as babysitters for other children, for up to 12 hours
Thanksgiving and Cobb Christmas Programs for families needing help this season:
Register with the Center for Family Resources on Monday October 12th from 9am-4pm or Tuesday October 13th from 11am-7pm
Roswell Street Baptist Church located at 774 Roswell St. Marietta, 30060.
- picture ID for applicant
- social security card OR birth certificate for every person in the household
- 4 weeks of paystubs or letter from employers
- Tanf, unemployment, workmans’ comp. Social Security, SSI, or child support documentation
- If no income, bring separation notice
- Cobb County residency proof: lease, utility bill
The following documents are required to qualify for an appointment:
- Picture ID for the parent or guardian
- Proof of residency (October or November utility bill in your name)
- Birth Certificate for each child
- Current report card for all school aged children/ under school age will need a shot record
Additional helpful information:
* Social Security Card, & Birth Certificate or Passport for the adult
* Household income for the last 30 days
MUST Ministries, Marietta Location
1407 Cobb Parkway North
Marietta, GA 30062
Rear Entrance of Building
Registración de Juguetes 2015
Los siguientes documentos son requeridos para poder hacer una cita:
- Identificación con foto del padre/madre o encargado
- Prueba de residencia (factura de servicios públicos del mes de octubre o noviembre a su nombre)
- Certificado de nacimiento de cada niño(a)
- Boleta de calificaciones para cada niño(a) de edad escolar/ registro de vacunas para los menores de edad escolar
Información útil adicional:
* Tarjeta de seguro social, y certificado de nacimiento o pasaporte del adulto
* El ingreso del hogar en los últimos 30 días
Did you know that you have access to many of the resources School Social Workers use on a daily basis? Use this link to search!
Or, you can find the link at the top of this page under “Resources.”