We have started our unit on Invasion Games! So far we have played Pirate Ball. The students have done a fantastic job of working together to improve the game itself as well as their skills and knowledge. Next week we will play other invasion games such as Mat Ball, Speedball, Indoor Soccer, Handball, and Capture the Flag.
Also… Congratulations to the WHITE team and all Powder Puff MVPs! The cheers and games were awesome! I hope y’all had a great time!
Block 7- If you would like to take the PE Quiz to earn PBIS points, please copy and paste the link below!
We are screening 6th grade and 8th grade students for scoliosis today! All students will be screened unless they have turned in the form (signed) to opt out. Make ups will take place on Wednesday October 25th.
This week is conference week (10/16- 10/20) and is early release. The students will be dismissed at 1:30 each day.
Students will still need to bring clothes and dress out for PE.
Intramurals have started and will be offered every Monday – Thursday from 8:15 AM to 8:50 AM. Students must arrive before 8:20 AM in order to participate that day.
Powderpuff practice began this week!
- Football practice will be every Tuesday and Thursday for the next two weeks.
- Cheerleading practice will be every Monday and Wednesday for the next two weeks.
- All practices will start at 8AM. Students should arrive dressed appropriately for practice (outside) and bring clothes to change into after practice is over.
- The game will be on October 27!
I am Taylor Smith, the new PE teacher at Durham Middle School.
A little about myself – I grew up in the area, attended Durham Middle School and then Harrison High School. I then went on to complete my undergraduate degree at Georgia College with a major in Exercise Science and a minor in Physical Education. I decided to stay in my favorite “small town” (Milledgeville, GA) for one more year, to complete my Master’s Degree in Teaching Physical Education.
I am very excited to have the opportunity to teach at this amazing school! I know this year will be great!
* I have attached the school wide behavior policy/ plan as well as the PE (2017- 2018) syllabus under the documents tab. Please feel free to contact me with any comments, questions or concerns!