Lost/Damaged Book Procedures
Lost or damaged book fines must be paid before additional materials may be checked out. To make a payment, place a check or the exact amount owed in a white envelope. Be sure to include your child’s name, homeroom teacher’s name, item lost (title) and the amount. These envelopes may be dropped into one of the black boxes inside the school.
If you have any questions, please contact the media center staff.
How do I get Office 365 for my child?
Parental Consent Process Videos
There are two ways in which parental consent can be provided, via e-mail or ParentVUE. Please see videos below for more information.
- Click Herefor the Office 365 Parent Video Consent via email.
- Click Herefor the Office 365 Parent Video Consent via ParentVUE.
- Click Here for the CCSD Office 365 Parent/Student Support Page.
What is my child’s username and/or password?
The child’s username is sent to the “enrolling adult”/parent via email if the parent selects either Option 1 or Option 2.
- Username: first.[email protected]
- If a student has the same name as another student in the district, each student will have a 3 digit number appended to their last name. For example: [email protected]
- Password: Passwords for Office 365 are the same as the CCSD Network login. The password that the student uses to log into a school computer is the password for the student to log into Office 365.
What if I want to change my child’s access to Office 365?
Parents can change their selection at any time.
- Parents can return to the original email and simply select the desired option. If the parent no longer has access to the original e-mail, it can be resent by the CSIS designee.
- Parents can log into ParentVUE and change the previously selected option to the desired option.