Welcome to the Technology Lab Blog! My name is Kelsey Beasley and I am your students new Technology Lab teacher! We have had a wonderful start to the school year! It has been such a joy to get to know all the children at Frey and I must say that Frey Elementary has some amazing kiddos! I am so excited to teach Technology this year! It is going to be fun and exciting year learning new things while using technology!
In the Technology Lab, students are practicing skills needed to be 21st century learners. Lesson are based on the Common Core Math and Language Arts standards based on each grade level as well as the National Educational Technology Standards (NETS). The Cobb County School district has also identified specific computer skills for grade levels to focus on. Digital Citizenship and safe computer/ internet usage will also be discussed and practiced daily in the lab.
Some highlights from last week:
* We discussed the Big 3: Do your best, Be Kind, and Make Good Choices
* We discussed how we are going to AIM HIGH in the technology lab
*We set our rules and procedures
* K-2nd learned how to use the computer mouse: click, double-click, drag and drop
* 3rd-5th reviewed computer mouse skills and learned how to open, close, minimize and maximize websites
This week…. 8/10-8/14
* K-1st: will learn parts of a computer and their functions through activities on Brain Pop Jr.
* 2nd: will learn the parts of a computers and their functions. Students will have to draw a part of computer using Brain Pop Jr.
* 3rd: will learn the parts of a computer and their functions. Students will have to identify and label different parts of computer. Also, students will learn how to navigate websites using the mouse.
*4th and 5th: will review the parts of a computer and their functions. Students will have to write about a part of a computer. Also, students will learn how to navigate websites using the mouse.
Technology Lab Links
Click here to visit the Technology Lab Weebly Page, home of all the links you will ever need for Technology class: