World History Standards: https://www.georgiastandards.org/Georgia-Standards/Documents/Social-Studies-World-History-Georgia-Standards.pdf
Pre-Course Reading Assignment- Pre-Course-Assginment-2019-20-Honors-A-Little-History-of-the-World (1)
Study Guide for Unit 1:Ancient Civilizations Key Facts
Thursday August 1
LG: Learn about key dates in history, the world map and timeline.
- Course intro-syllabus and student info sheet
- Pre-Course Assignment A Little History of the World, Harrison blog. Due August 12th.
- TRSS and textbook forms
- Key dates in world history activity, text: pp. 22-28 Unit One PP (Timeline,Neolithic Revolution, Early Civilizations)
- Timeline notes
- Rise of Civilization notes
- Neolithic Revolution and Early Human Achievement Charts Early Human Achievements Chart Blank
- World map and timeline activity INTRO World Map and Timeline Activity both sides
- Get syllabus signed,
- Finish world map and timeline activity
Friday August 2
LG: Learn about Ancient Mesopotamia civilization.
- Go over answers to world map homework, quiz Monday August 5
- Unit 1 ppt. notes on Mesopotamia, text: pp.34-50,126-130
- Video on Mesopotamia, fill in questions as we watch Mesopotamia Video 101
- Study for the map and timeline quiz Monday Aug. 5
- Hammurabi’s Code Primary Source Homework Hammurabi Activity
- Practice possible essays for Unit 1 test- the essays will come from the charts on the Neolithic Revolution and Early Human Achievements
Monday August 5
LG: Learn about the Ancient Egyptian civilization.
- World map and Timeline Quiz
- Notes over Ancient Egypt, text: pp.51-61, 116-125
- Video on Egypt, fill in questions as we watch Egypt Video Ques NEW
- Review your notes, fill in any from power point that you missed.
Tuesday August 6
LG: Learn about Ancient India.
- Complete Egypt video and questions
- Notes on Ancient India, text: pp. 62-70
- Fill in Ancient Key Facts Sheet
- Fill in fact sheet ( this is Unit 1 study guide) up through the Indian Civilization
- Review notes
- practice writing essays from Neolithic and Early Human Achievement charts
Wednesday August 7
LG: Explore the ancient religions of the world.
- Read about the religions of the Middle East and Asia, answer all the questions about each religion, Text: 80-98 Religions of the Middle East and Asia Reading Packet, Religions of the Middle East and Asia Packet Questions
- complete any religion questions that you did not finish in class
- study your notes for Unit 1 test
Thursday August 8
LG: Learn about the Ancient Chinese civilization.
- Take notes on the Ancient Chinese, text: 70-77, 137-143
- Qin Shi Huangdi chart and activity
- study notes for Unit 1 test
- fill in Ancient Key Facts sheet for China
Friday August 9
LG: Learn about the origins of monotheism. Learn about the early African culture of the Bantu.
- review information from religions packet on monotheism, text:99-113
- Notes on Bantu migration and agriculture, text: 444-449
- Begin Bantu map and chart activity Bantu Migration Activity
- Pre-Course assignment due Monday August 12!
- STUDY!STUDY!STUDY! for Unit 1 TEST; it is on Tuesday.
Monday August 12
LG:Complete study of Bantu and review for test.
- Turn in Pre-Course assignment
- Complete Bantu activity
- Review Ancient Key Facts Sheet to prepare for Unit 1 Test
HW: STUDY!STUDY!STUDY! for Unit 1 TEST
Tuesday August 13
LG: Demonstrate knowledge of Ancient Civilizations.
- Turn in Unit 1 Packet, with all activities
- Unit 1 Test
- Begin work on Ancient Greek Map
- complete Greek map
- begin reading Module 5 in the text using the electronic link at the top of Unit 1 blog, pp. 146-189 there will be a quiz over this module