25th April 2018
We are working hard and prepping for the Algebra I Milestone. The students are being given a daily Milestone Review that they are to practice on for homework nightly.
I just wanted to make sure that all Algebra I Milestone information is up-to-date. Below, you will find the Algebra I Milestone testing details. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitant to contact me via Remind 101, school e-mail, or at (770)819-2466 Room 131.
Test: Algebra I Milestone (End-of-Course)
Format: Online (Computer-Based)
Date: Monday, May 7,2018
Location: Garrett Middle School, Media Center
Time: 9:30 -12:30
Other Important Details:
- Both Sections 1 and 2 of the test will be administered on the same day.
- The Make-up Test Day will be Tuesday, May 8, 2018.
- If you miss both the regular and make-up administration of the Algebra I Milestone, you will have to take the test at a nearby high school.
- If the student misses the test, they will receive a grade of zero for the assessment.
****** Remember….. the Milestone accounts for 20% of their grade.*****
Algebra I Milestone Review Resources:
26th March 2018
Garrett Middle School will be testing 7th Grade students online during our upcoming Spring administration of the Georgia Milestones assessment. 6th and 8th Grades will test in paper and pencil format. The information below is provided to assist you and your student in becoming familiar with the features of online and standard testing.
- Experience Online Testing Georgia is a digital resource created to provide an opportunity for students to become familiar with the online testing platform. The website can be accessed through the following link: http://www.gaexperienceonline.com/. This practice site does not require a log-in and is available 7 days a week. Importantly, this practice site is not designed as a “practice test” to measure a student’s knowledge of course content and scores will not be generated. It is intended to allow students to familiarize themselves with the online platform prior to testing.
- Practice sessions will also be set up during the school day to provide students a similar opportunity to acquaint themselves with the online testing system.
- Each grade level has a study guide that has been released by the DOE. Please be sure to look at these documents.
- 6th Grade Study DOE Guide
- 7th Grade Study DOE Guide
- 8th Grade Study DOE Guide
- Garrett teachers have prepared readiness packets for each student as Spring Break Assignments. These will be distributed before Friday of this week.
If you have questions about our upcoming spring test administrations for Georgia Milestones, please contact Mr. John Chandler at 770-819-2466 x 058 or via email at [email protected].
20th February 2018
- Hello All,
2nd Algebra – Please complete assigned activities in Khan Academy. If you have not already registered, please use to access code: ANGDFUQG to get set up. All assigned activities should be completed by Monday @ 8 am.
3rd AC Math 8 – Please complete the Spiral activity that your were given before the break. If you didn’t see me to get the hard copy, please go look at the electronic copy below. It is due Monday during class. Practice-Assignments-Feb-19th-1e08zf7-1oj6bdy
4th and 5th Math 8 – Please complete the Spiral activity that your were given before the break. If you didn’t see me to get the hard copy, please go look at the electronic copy in the link in AC Math 8. It is due Monday during class.
4th October 2017
Hello Students and Parents,
Conference Week is scheduled from October 16th through October 20th. If you would like to schedule a conference to get some insight on your student’s academic and behavioral progress, you may sign up for a brief conference with any or all of your student’s teachers. If you would like to schedule a conference with me please visit my conference sign-up page @ Grubbs’s SignUp Genius.
If you would like to schedule a conference with any of your student’s other teachers, you can find the link to any teacher’s Conference Week sign-up page by visiting the Garrett website and clicking on the Faculty and Staff tab.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel to email me or leave me a message with the Main Office.
I look forward to meeting with you all during Conference Week,
30th August 2017
Hello Parents and Students,
Here are some resources that students can use to help build their understanding of a concept or practice math skills when we they are having some difficulty. Please remember that I can always be reached on Remind 101 or by email to assists students with any issues with content that may arise.
Khan Academy www.khanacademy.org
Study Island http://www.studyisland.com
USA Test Prep http://www.USATestPrep.com
21st August 2017
Good Evening ,
Here’s our tentative Coordinate Algebra schedule for this week. If there are any changes to the schedule, I will update my blog.
Learning Target: By the end of the class, students will be able to convert and analyze units of measure as evidenced by an Conversions Assessment.
- Eclipse Activity (Converting temperatures of the moon)
- Begin Conversions Assessment (Covering Unit Conversions and Dimensional Analysis)
HW: Unit Conversions and Dimensional Analysis
Learning Target: By the end of the class, students will be able to simplify algebraic expressions by combining like terms as evidenced by an application activity.
- Complete Conversions Assessment (Covering Unit Conversions and Dimensional Analysis)
- Review Simplifying Expressions/Combining Like Terms
Homework: Simplifying Expressions and Combining Like Terms
Learning Target: By the end of the class, students will be able to identify and name the different types of polynomials as evidenced by a formative assessment.
- Introduction of Polynomials
- Polynomials Jeopardy
Homework: Identifying Types of Polynomials
Learning Target: By the end of the class, students will be able to add and subtract different types of polynomials as evidenced by an application activity.
- Operations with Polynomials
- Adding and Subtracting Radicals
Homework: Polynomial Practice and Operations with Radicals
Learning Target: By the end of the class, students will be able to add and subtract radicals as evidenced by completing a performance task.
- Adding and Subtracting Radicals
- Rationalizing the Denominator of a Fraction
Homework: Enjoy your weekend!
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Let’s have a Gr8 week,
Here is an electronic copy of the Coordinate Algebra syllabus for this school year. I will send a hard copy of it home with the students later in the week.
Coordinate Algebra Syllabus 17-18-23fn2ga
P.S. Please join the Remind 101 via text @c4cahf to 81010.
P.P.S. Once you and your student have read through the syllabus, please complete the form below to acknowledge that you have read an electronic or hard copy of the syllabus.
31st July 2017
Welcome to your brand new blog at Cobb Learning.
To get started, simply log in, edit or delete this post and check out all the other options available to you.
For assistance, visit our comprehensive support site, check out our Edublogs User Guide guide or stop by The Edublogs Forums to chat with other edubloggers.
You can also subscribe to our brilliant free publication, The Edublogger, which is jammed with helpful tips, ideas and more.