Enjoy the Senior Parade! No work assigned for today.
Tuesday (May 5th)
Click on the Power Point LINK below and follow it to see if you are classified as a Liberal or Conservative. Have one of your parents take it as well. YOU AND YOUR MOM MIGHT HAVE MORE IN COMMON THAN YOU THINK…
Read the Day 10 Power Point on Hobbes and Locke AND the Articles of Confederation. Use the LINKs below to complete the Hobbes and Locke Comparison Questions (LINK) and the Articles of Confederation Questions (LINK)
Click on the file BELOW. This is great preparation for your first test which will be on Monday, April 20th. I have already answered some questions that I thought you might have trouble with. PLEASE LOOK THROUGH PREVIOUS WORK FROM THE PAST 3 WEEKS TO HELP WITH YOUR TEST PREPARATION!
1.Click on the LINK below and answer the questions over the Renaissance,Reformation,and Scientific Reformation. Make sure you put your name in the space provided. Once you answer the questions and hit submit, your answers will disappear and will be sent to me 🙂
2. We are moving on to our new unit- which is the early civilizations of Africa,the Americas, and Asia. Print out the new guided notes for the unit or if you don’t have a printer… you can copy down the notes.
3. Read and complete the notes up to slide 12 Coastal Trading. We will complete the rest throughout the week.
2. Review questions (Use the power points and your packet to help you answer the questions)- write on a piece of notepaper
A. Where did the Renaissance begin and why did it begin there?
B. What is humanism?
C. How did the invention of the printing press help to spread knowledge?
D. How did the arts change during the Renaissance? (hint: techniques and topics)
E. What was Martin Luther’s role during the Protestant Reformation?
F. List one difference between Catholicism and Lutheranism( see the chart)
G. What was the Act of Supremacy?
H. Who were Henry VIII’s 3 kids who ended up ruling England at some point?
I. What was the main goal of the Counter Reformation?
Have a super day!
World History for Thursday, March 26
Read the notes over the Scientific Revolution and answer the questions. The questions will serve as your notes and they go in order. As you read the power point, think about how the Renaissance and the Reformations contributed to the Scientific Revolution.
Mrs. Reason is updating her blog daily. In addition to her daily blog, I will include some extra materials with links. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU ARE ONLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WORK ON HER BLOG!
World History for Monday March 16
I hope that you are all well! Please follow the activities. If you were in class on Friday, you received the new packet for the Renaissance and Reformation. If you were not in class, I will post the sheets needed to take notes. If you can’t get the links to print, just write down the notes on a piece of paper. I would like for you to hold onto the work that you do while we are out of school. My virtual office hours will be 10:00-12:00 where I will be able to answer emails if you have questions about an activity.
Take care and I will see you soon!
Make a KWL chart over what you Know about the Renaissance,what you Want to know about the Renaissance, and what you Learned about the Renaissance.
Click on the link and copy down the Renaissance timeline- there is a timeline in the packet or you can simply draw a timeline on a piece of paper.
write down 5 characteristics of Renaissance art. You can include things such as colors used, what it looks like,etc.
For example, many of the statues that were created during the Renaissance era were made of marble.
*** Hold onto your work for now :)***
World History for Wed. March 18
Take out a piece of notebook paper and answer the following questions
Do you think that the Mona Lisa is the most famous in the World? If so, why do you think it is so famous?
Watch the 2 video clips and then answer the questions that follow
4. After watching the video clips, answer questions 1-3
1. List 2 reasons why the Mona Lisa is famous?
2. Looking back on your Renaissance notes from yesterday, why is the Mona Lisa a good example of Renaissance art? Example: colors used, portrait.etc.
3. If you had the opportunity to buy the Mona Lisa, would you buy it and how much do you think it is worth?
5. Click on the link below and read the article about the Medici family and their influence during the Renaissance. Remember, the Renaissance began in Italy and each city-state played a different role in the Renaissance.