We have met with all our new students in 1st-5th grade for a newcomers lunch bunch! This is a great way for us to get to know our new students and also for new students in different classes to meet each other. The groups help promote a smooth transition and exciting year ahead! #wolfpackpride 🙂
The hair says it all – it was a BIG Friday at the Ridge! Thank you to Mr. Mulvanity and his colleagues for a wonderful day of learning. Our fifth day in our Career Week was our best yet, with a focus on STEM careers and activities provided by our GA Tech visitors. It was a truly awesome time had by all! 🙂
CAREER WEEK AT THE RIDGE
MAY 13-17, 2019
We are excited to have our first ever Career Week this year! Our Counseling Department is teaming up with our STEM Lab to highlight the connection between education and career opportunities. STEM is our featured career cluster, as this industry represents many of the “jobs of the future.” We have 3 dress-up days and 2 days with special speakers from GA Tech and NASA. Thank you for your support!
• **TR Dress-Up Day** to show your school pride. Wear your favorite Timber Ridge t-shirt or sweatshirt to show that you know your hard work at The Ridge is helping to prepare you for your future career.
• **College Dress-Up Day** to show your commitment to your future education. Wear your favorite college spirit-wear: t-shirt, sweatshirt, jersey, hat, etc.
• Wacky Wednesday – fun with career riddles and staff facts!
• Thinking Thursday – take time at home to continue the conversation/research about jobs that you would like to have someday.
• Whole School Event – Georgia Tech Guest Speaker, Sean Mulvanity, in the LC with multiple sessions for all grades to attend.
**Dress-Up Day** for all students to dress-up as a “mad scientist!”
BONUS DAY, Monday, 5/20:
• Whole School Event – NASA Ambassador Guest Speaker, Chris Thompson, in the LC with multiple sessions for all grades to attend.