Welcome to the wonderful world of not just psychology, but AP Psychology!!!! We can do this… think 4’s and 5’s. Click below to upload the syllabus as well as the tentative pacing guide.
PACING GUIDE/COURSE PLAN and MYERS TEXT PAGES TO READ This needs to always be in the front of your binder!!!! course-plan-spring-2017
NPR HIDDEN BRAIN LINKS
Social Psych: Deception http://www.npr.org/podcasts/510308/hidden-brain
SEMESTER FOCUS PROJECT
Remember this project is 15% of your grade and is comprised of a research project and an outside reading component
Project Directions: Semester FOCUS project 2016-17
Outside Reading Info: ap-psych-spring-reading-list
GENERAL CLASS INFO AND HOW TO:
APA Research Outline for focus project (remember, if you do a survey you need to also include a copy of your survey questions) semester-project-research-portion-of-project-2015
American Psychological Association http://www.apa.org
PSYCH TERMS TO MASTER: Psych terms
APA formatting website: http://www.apastyle.org/
BOOK WEBSITE… USE IT!!! (Will not let me link it, so you will need to copy/paste it into your browser) http://bcs.worthpublishers.com/myers9e/#t_512463____
My advice to you, the AP Psychology student:
- Remember that your hard work can and will pay off. Most, if not all of you will be required to take psych in college… why not take it now and free up your college schedule, not to mention cost.
- Keep up with your textbook readings. I will be under the assumption that you have come to class having read, and thus knowing the material. In class we will elaborate and expand upon what you know.
- Complete your weekly reading packet and read to learn, not just to “get it over with”!!!!
- Take notes as you read and in class. I will not require it, but this is where your AP self discipline comes in. Do it, you do well. Don’t and you won’t… I guarantee it.
- Remember: you are potentially getting college credit for this class, you will be responsible for much of your own learning and work ethic.
- Vocab. Vocab. Vocab. Know it. Know it. Know it.