- This week’s enrichment schedule is:
- Monday–P.E. (day 6)
- Tuesday–Music (day 1)
- Wednesday–P.E. (day 2)
- Thursday–Art (day 3)
- Friday–STEM Expo!!
- We will go to the Media Center on Wednesday to check out new books. Remember to bring back your books.
- Remember to send a Valentine’s exchange card for each student. I cannot wait to see all of the creative Valentine boxes that your children create. We will be exchanging the Valentines on Thursday.
- Friday is the STEM Expo. We will be sharing our Hibernation Stations with the parents in our classroom. We will start at 8:30 AM.
- Our class is in desperate need of glue sticks and boxes of tissues.
- Next week (February 18-22) there is no school. I hope you all have a wonderful relaxing break and I will see the children on the 25th.
- The school has received our certificate from NO Place For Hate. We are now a certified KIND school.
This week we will work on:
Language Arts: We will be learning about words that contain er, ir, and ur this week. Included are fur, term, bird, spurs, and fern. Please review with your child at home to reinforce these sounds.
We are continuing our new read aloud, Lulu’s Mysterious Mission. We will be discussing characters, settings, problems, solutions, and predictions as we read through the story. Students may draw an illustration of their favorite part of any Lulu book which includes characters and setting for three gems. Students must color it and write a sentence about what they have drawn.
Writing: This week we will finish our writing about the story, Hey, Little Ant. This is a persuasive piece where we will be writing our opinions of whether the ant should or should not be squished.
Math: This week we will be working on adding two digit numbers and a multiple of ten (10, 20 , 30, etc.). We will be using mental math and hundreds charts to find the answers.
Science/S.S.: We will begin our unit on continents and oceans this week. Please study the following for a test on Friday: Independently locates continents and major oceans; identifies and describes landforms (mountains,
deserts, valleys, and coasts).
Homework: Students will bring home their Homework on Monday each week. Please initial the “read for 20 minutes” section. Every student who has their homework completely done (including initials) will get a gem on Friday! Extra homework sheets may be sent home during the week. All homework is due on Friday morning! If your student stays in ASP, have them keep their homework in their book bags.
NOTE: Graphics are used by permission (license #81972).