very cool map-check it out!!
We are gearing up for our most important STEM Days yet! A team from AdvancED will be visiting our school to consider us for international STEM certification! Please help us by sending in donations of the following materials by May 9th. Your support makes exciting days like this possible!
• Vegetable oil • Masking tape • Empty Water Bottles
• Zip top sandwich or quart sized bags • White Plastic or Styrofoam
Disposable Bowls • Light colored knee high hose
• 16 plastic cups • Boxes of Aluminum Foil • Bubble Wrap
• Coffee filters (round) • White Poster Board • Cotton Balls
• Kitchen sponges without
scrubber/scratchy side • Thin Dowel Rods or Chopsticks • Cotton Batting
• Felt (any size or color) • Cheesecloth
With the testing window upon us, it’s important to have your child practice on typetastic and http://gaexperienceonline.com/. A little bit each day will instill needed confidence as they will try this year’s test online.
Testing window: 4/10-4/17
Comcast Care Link sign up is above. This is a big day to support and help our wonderful school!!
April 10th – 20th MILESTONE TESTING: TESTING DIRECTIONS WILL BE ON THIS BLOG AND I HAVE SENT HOME THE DIRECTIONS AND PRACTICE LINK ON MY PARENT EMAILS AND THURSDAY FOLDERS. PLEASE PRACTICE ON THIS LINK OVERSPRING BREAK.
ALSO, PLEASE PRACTICE ANY AND ALL KEYBOARDING SITES. YOUR CHILD WILL BE TAKING THE MILESTONE TEST ON A COMPUTER THIS YEAR. 4TH GRADE IS THE ONLY GRADE DOING THIS AS A WHOLE.
I hope each of you have a wonderful and relaxing Spring Break!!
Test dates for the week:
Thursday: 3/29 Race Response written response to literature grade
Friday: 3/30 Mentor Sentence Quiz: Students are ALWAYS welcome to take home their grammar notebook to study for these each week.
Have a great week!
Reading: Nonfiction Informational Research: American Revolution:
- Read to research facts.
- Students will implement close reads and unwrap reading strategies to comprehend and locate information, so that they can integrate these facts within an informational writing piece in Language Arts.
Novel: George Washington Socks: An American Revolution Narrative. (The students LOVE this historical fiction novel each day.) 🙂
Grammar: Mentor Sentence Focus:
- review: prepositional phrases
- New skill: Relative Pronouns: Identifying and using these pronouns appropriately within formal writing.
Writing: Students will continue to write informational pieces using RACE strategies and organizing essays with thesis statements that focuse on the American Revolution topics.
BIG SHANTY THIS WEEK:
TUESDAY: 3/13/18 LIBRARY CHECKOUT
WEDNESDAY: 3/14/18 EARLY RELEASE 12:30
FRIDAY: 3/16/18 MENTOR SENTENCE QUIZ AND ST. PATTY’S DAY DANCE 2:30-3:30 P.M. SEE YOU THERE!!
We are short on empty cereal boxes and still need quite a few. Please donate any on hand.