Tomorrow, February 12, is our Performing Arts Field Trip to the Symphony! Dr. Bernard has set this up with the county and has been preparing our kids. Students are to dress in nice attire to attend. I will post pictures of how handsome they look. All permission slips have been signed from the beginning of the year. We will have lunch in the classroom when we return to school. We will leave at 9:00 and return around 12:30. Let me know if you have any questions!
Next Friday, February 14, our class will exchange Valentines. We will have a Valentine box challenge IF your child would like to participate. This is to be done at home. All they need to do is bring in a small box or shoebox decorated for Valentines and they will be in the contest. We will choose a winner based on creativity and neatness. There will be a prize! If your child DOES NOT want to participate, just have them bring in their Valentines and we will provide them with a lunch bag to decorate and use. If they bring in Valentines they must bring one for everyone in the class. We don’t want anyone to have hurt feelings at this time of love 🙂
Here are the names of all 26 students in the class:
Julio Khary Walker Brooke Andrea Carter Maria Lucas Joya Leo Jordan Sri Johana Jose Matthew Theron Emily Yasi Hayden Lindon Alan McWhirter Eduarda Madison Nate Siyona
Can you believe we are in the last week of January?!! Please look closely at today’s Tuesday Tracker. It is loaded with information that needs your attention:
- Amy Eduards, from Kennesaw, will be joining our class as a student teacher a few hours a week. She has a project to complete. There is a permission slip to sign if she can video, use data and work samples from your child. This will not be shared publicly, and will only be seen by her professor. The kids are excited about having her in our class.
- Today started Pennies for Patients. it is a service/caring project. Information is provided in the folder.
- Picture Day is February 13.
- Valentine Candy Gram forms are in the folder. This money goes to help fund our 5th Grade activities.
- Rising 6th Grade Information Night is February 11, at East Cobb Middle School. Mark your calendar, as this is a night you don’t want to miss!
As always, let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
We had a great 1st week back to school! I have several items I want to share with you:
- This Wednesday, Science Fair projects are due. I know students have been working hard and are excited to share them.
- Report Cards came home Friday (if you didn’t see it, check your child’s book bag!) Take out everything in the envelope and keep, sign the envelope, and return it to school.
- In an effort to encourage reading, I would like your help! Much like Mystery Readers of younger grades, I would like parents, relatives +/or friends, come in on Fridays for First Chapter Friday and share their favorite novel in 5th Grade that developed their love of reading or maybe a new book you know of. I know the kids would love this and I hope you will too. I would like Friday at 9:30 to be the time, but if that doesn’t work for you, let me know and we can work something out. Sign up for a date on this link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0948A4AC2DA20-mystery
- Time to start thinking about Middle School! Does your child want to play an instrument in band or orchestra? ECMS has 3 dates to come try out an instrument to see which one they like. Click here for more information. ECMS Music Recruitment_FINAL 2
- Finally, our Jekyll Island trip will be here before you know it! The dates are March 16-18. As of now, you should have $200 in your account. 2 more $50 payments are due in early Feb and again in early March. I will send home an update of your payments in this week’s Tuesday Tracker. There will be a parent meeting in early March (more info to come) where you will get an overview of the trip, packing lists, sign permission slips and a Q&A session.
Thank you for reading through all this information! I can’t believe how fast 5th Grade is flying by. As always, please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments!
5th Grade has an activity coming up next week that we could use your help with. Please click this link to sign up to send in materials. Thank you in advance! Y’all are the best! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904084dabad2ba13-holidays
ITBS scores came home in this week’s Tuesday Tracker. If you need guidance on reading the scores please refer to the information here: Iowa Parent Brochure Fall 2019-2020