Do you love the library? Are you interested in building collaboration, communication, and marketing sills? Do you want to earn community service hours by volunteering at the library?
Join Walton’s Library Ambassadors
The mission of Walton’s Library Ambassador organization is to engage student leaders in promoting school library programs, resources, and services. Students with a passion for reading and learning serve as a link between the school library and the school community.
Roles & Expectations
Library Ambassadors must meet the following membership requirements:
- Volunteer around different areas of the library
- Assist in the planning and implementation of library programs and promotions
- Attend meetings for training, project planning, etc.
- Act as a peer mentor within the organization
- Answer questions within the classroom setting regarding library resources
Serving as a Library Ambassador offers many benefits, including
- Opportunities to earn volunteer hours at the library
- Professional skill building in areas such as communication, collaboration, and marketing
- A chance to join the group’s leadership council and to serve on the Walton Library Media Committee with teachers, administrators, and community members