Important Announcements: Sentence Structure help sessions start at 8:15 tomorrow/Thursday and Friday morning. If you do not remember how to access your paper in Office 365 from home, the directions can be found below. Test – December 12th – Sentence Structure- Study Resources- Types of sentences notes and quizizz. The codes are in the daily powerpoints. Daily lessons for the week are below.
1. Go to Office 365 (www.office.com)
2. Your user name is email@example.com. Make sure you use your given first and last name, not what you go by in class. If your log in does not work, go to Student Vue and go to “Account Login Information” to make sure your username is correct.
3. Use the password you use to log in to the computers at school.
- Thursday – December 3rd – 6th lessons and assignments
- Sentence Structure Revision Task
- Wednesday -December 5th – December 5th lessons and assignments
- Dialogue Revision Task- due today
IOWA scores were sent home in afternoon homeroom today.
- Tuesday, December 4th –December 3rd and 4th lessons and assignments – Today in class students will revise their writing for a hook and figurative language using the form in 365. Click on the link Writing Revision.
If you were absent today, you need to access your paper and the form above in 365 and follow the directions. Make sure to add your revision to your paper and highlight them in your paper before you submit your form to me. If you have forgotten how to access Office 365, the directions are below.
- Monday, December 3rd – Today we completed practice for sentence structures. Tomorrow we will begin revising point of view writing for “The Dinner Party.”Bell Ringer – Write the definition and formulas for a compound, a complex, and a compound-complex sentence. Use your notes to check. Bell Ringer Template
- Honoring Our Heroes is a writing program that encourages students to discover, honor, and write about real-life heroes – role models displaying generosity, trust, persistence, dedication, leadership, creativity, caring, bravery, imagination, service, gentleness, courage or compassion.Students are asked to redefine media-hyped and cartoon heroes such as professional athletes, movie stars, and rock musicians and instead recognize someone who has made a more personal impact on the student’s life such as a family member, doctor, public safety officer, soldier, or teacher. What a great opportunity to honor someone who may not even know what a difference they are making in your student’s life!The student entry form can be found on the PTA website or by clicking here. Entries are due by January 15, 2019.