In this unit, students will:
- Understand the definition of a polynomial.
- Interpret the structure and parts of a polynomial expression. including terms, factors, and coefficients.
- Simplify polynomial expressions by performing operations, applying the distributive property, and combining like terms.
- Use the structure of polynomials to identify ways to rewrite them and write polynomials in equivalent forms to solve problems.
- Perform arithmetic operations on polynomials and understand how closure applies under addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Divide one polynomial by another using long division.
- Use Pascal’s Triangle to determine coefficients of binomial expansion.
- Use polynomial identities to solve problems.
- Use complex numbers in polynomial identities and equations.
- Find inverses of simple functions.
Pre Assessment: https://cobbteachingandlearningsystem.cobbk12.org/GetFile.aspx?f=5ffcfd1d-479a-7c34-ce1f-26b2ded773a1&t=v