In this unit, stud
- Recognize vectors as mathematical objects having both magnitude and direction.
- Add / Subtract vectors using a variety of methods: end to end, parallelogram, and component wise.
- Multiply vectors by a scalar.
- Interpret operations on vectors (+, –, ×) geometrically.
- Understand why the magnitude of the sum of two vectors is usually less than (sometimes equal to) the sum of their magnitudes
- Use vectors to solve problems.
- Apply matrix transformations to vectors.
- Plot complex numbers in the complex plane.
- write complex numbers in rectangular and polar form
- Interpret operations on complex numbers (+, –, ×, ÷, conjugate) geometrically.
- Use the complex plane to find the distance between two complex numbers.
- Use the complex plane to find the average of two complex numbers.