In this unit, students will:
- Expand their understanding of angle with the concept of a rotation angle.
- Explore the definition of radian.
- Define angles in standard position and consider them in relationship to the unit circle.
- Make connections to see how a real number is connected to the radian measure of an angle in standard position which is connected to an intercepted arc on the unit circle which is connected to a terminal point of this arc whose coordinates are connected to the sine and cosine functions.
- Gain a better understanding of the unit circle and its connection to trigonometric functions.