Happy Monday everyone!This week we are going to continue talking about being “bucket fillers” and not “bucket dippers”, having a growth mindset, and classroom rules and expectations.We will also continue counting to 120 from any given numbers and writing our numbers to 120.
Here are a few things you can do to help your child this week:
-Give your child a number and count with them.For example, 43 then count up
-Read to/with your child.Talk about the characters, setting, and important
events in the story.
-Practice tying shoe.See the video for a new technique!!!
You can begin to make pledges on Wednesday – August 14, 2019. Pledges can be entered at funrun.com.Online pledges are strongly encouraged and is the easiest way to support your student!But if you must send in a check– make sure your student’s name, teacher’s name/grade and BOOSTERTHON are on the envelope and the donation is PLACED IN THE CHES FOUNDATION DONATION BOX (it’s Blue and Yellow – located outside the cafeteria!!)
This year it will be a little different.. More dance and less running!We will have a Dance Champathon on Friday – August 30, 2019
Money raised will fund classroom enhancements for all students and also support facility (internal and external) improvements to the CHES Campus.
If you haven’t yet, please join Seesaw. Individual invitations went home at Open House. If you were unable to attend Open House, we sent it home on Friday. All important information will be sent through Seesaw this year.
Good afternoon everyone! I hope that everyone had a great first day. My guess is that the kids are tired. Mrs. Graham and I sure are!
Here is some important information for everyone:
1. It was very hot outside this afternoon at recess. Please send your child with a water bottle so they can stay hydrated.
2. We do not eat lunch until 12:08, so we are going to have a snack time around 10 am. Please send a snack for your child if they want one. We would prefer that you send things that are fairly healthy and not too messy.
3. Dismissal was kind of crazy today! Please realize that it will get better as things settle down. As far as I know, everyone made it home the correct way. If you have any dismissal concerns or questions, please let us know.
4. Blue folders came home today. Please check these for any papers every evening and return the following day. There will be a calendar with important dates in the front by Monday. There is also a Specials calendar in the back.
5. Please remember to send students to school in appropriate shoes on PE days.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.