Here’s what we are learning this week:
Reading: S.3.E.1- Students will be able to describe the physical properties of different types of soils. They will also do a plant project for Valentine’s day.
Math: 3.MD.1- Students will work on telling time on an analog clock to the nearest minute.
Writing: W.3.10- Opinion Writing- Students are working on persuasive writing. This week they are working on adding supporting details, a conclusion and editing their work. They start publishing their work on Friday.
IB Unit 4: How we organize ourselves.
Central Idea: Available resources and motivations of communities determines economics.
Learner Profile Traits- Principled, Balanced, Thinkers
Lines of Inquiry:
- Soil has different attributes.
- Goods and services allocated depend upon location, availability, and cost.
- There are 4 types of productive resources.
- People make choices to save or spend money.
- Colonial life was affected by role/title in the community and where you lived.
- Colonies were founded for a variety of reasons.
Friday, February 15- Dress Down Day $1
Monday, February 19-Friday 22nd– February Break (No School)
Tuesday, February 26- Chick-Fil-A Spirit Night
Wednesday, February 27- Field Trip
Friday, March 1- Read Across America Day (Students will be able to dress up as their favorite book character.)
Friday, March 1- Parents Night Out 6-9:30 PM